Friday, November 29, 2019

Favorite Things


It has been quite some time since I blogged. I don't have Internet at home in Delta, so I am taking advantage of my parents' connection as I visit for Thanksgiving! I was able to get here safe and sound after a big storm, and yesterday we enjoyed a lovely holiday celebration together.

I woke up this morning thinking about my list of all things I am grateful for and of course one of these things is my family! But I also was giving thought to one of the special places that brings joy to my soul and that is...New Mexico. I don't know why, but the minute I cross the state line I feel different-lighter, more grounded, more soulful. I went in September to spend a lovely week there and stayed in Taos mostly, as usual, and a couple of days in Santa Fe. One reason New Mexico is a favorite place is all the nooks and crannies with color, all the windows framed by bright flowers, the red chile pepper ristras that hang from walls or ceilings. Everywhere its seems there is something special just around the corner, it feels like, even if it's just a pop of color from a tall hollyhock against an adobe wall.

I wanted to share some of these nooks and crannies from photos I took because every time I go, I try to capture these little vignettes so I can always have New Mexico to go back to in my heart and soul.

Happy Holidays to you, and my your life be filled with your favorite things!






 



No comments:

Post a Comment