Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Goodbye 2018, Hello 2019!

2019: A Year of Personal Transformation
It is hard to believe today is the first day of 2019. I can't recall where the time went! Maybe it was in all the physical movement I had...moving from Denver to Delta, from one home to another, moving along many miles in a car, moving along with Rene on scenic walks. Yes, for me 2018 was a year on the move! 

I am looking forward to what 2019 will bring. Now that I have shaken off inertia and have begun embarking on the art of movement, I believe 2019 will be a more personal transformation year. Time to be a little more authentic, honest, and less fearful; time to stop taking things so seriously; time to finally sink in and enjoy life, something that has been just out of my grasp for a number of years now. Time to start to sink into my own skin, sink into a new way of living and enjoy the unexpected!

2018 Year in Review!
I ended 2017 with a Lady Gaga concert with my dear friend Mary at The Pepsi Center
In March 2018 I moved to Delta, CO to work as a Bereavement Coordinator for the local hospice. It was a job I coveted for a long time one I continue to love. This was from Mary, with instructions to open when I moved into my Delta home. What a sweet message to begin my journey!
 I "surprised" Mom with a visit when the boys were in Arizona in the Spring!
My first little rental, the "Main Street House" 
And then my second little rental, my "tiny home"
 I really got into the spirit of creating this year!





I made some new friends and played bingo at my first official "Bingo Hall" 
Rene and I took lots of scenic drives and local adventures








I went "pickin' at the Pea"
 And had visitors!

  I marked the Taos High Road Art Tour off my bucket list
 And ended the year with family, friends, good food, great memories and a community Christmas dinner




My best to you and yours at the beginning of this new year and I hope 2019 brings you all good things! And if there are challenges, may this be the year you can persevere, have resiliency and make it through.

Love, Mel

1 comment:

  1. It looks so beautiful there where you live. You have found the perfect place. They are lucky to have you where you work. I know how rewarding hospice work is as I volunteered with my dog doing pet therapy for over 10 years at an inpatient facility. Wishing you a wonderful 2019.

    ReplyDelete